Multiply HPL Tutors/Lecturers
Job title: Multiply HPL Tutors/Lecturers
Date posted: Thursday 8th September 2022
Application closing date: Tuesday 31st January 2023
Location: Multiple Sites
Salary: £24.71 - £38.15 per hour dependent on qualifications and experience
Job category/type: HPL
Do you have a passion for Maths and an understanding of some of the barriers people face when they do not understand basic Maths applications? We are looking for an experienced Maths Tutor/Lecturer To deliver training, assessments, and reviews the Multiply team with the objective of raising Maths skills across London. The ideal candidate will also coach, mentor and assess the professional competency of learners within the workplace, College and community whilst supporting them towards a nationally recognised qualification which will help them personally to have access to more job and training opportunities.
Some of the key areas of responsibilities will be but are not exhaustive:
- Provide a structured and appropriate training and development programme for participants to improve their Math’s Skills.
- Create and develop Innovative lesson plans and resources that are relevant to the project including accredited and non-accredited learning helping students progress into different sectors but also to better develop their Math’s Skills.
- Plan and deliver induction and industry-relevant skills, that enables participants to be more effective in Job roles.
- Ensure performance is updated on learners and progress reviews with line managers, Students and curriculum Manager so next steps can be planned.
- Provide feedback to the learner on progress against knowledge, skills, and behavior’s relevant to the standard and relevant qualifications.
- Communicate effectively with students using appropriate tools and actively encourage student engagement with their programme using the resources available.
Ideally as essential you will have the following knowledge, experience and education qualifications:
- Educated to degree-level or other equivalent and/or relevant industry competency in Math's
- Must be fully or part A1/V1 Qualified - must hold current and up to date A1 Assessor/V1 awards or equivalent Teaching qualification minimum level PTTLS
- Must be able to travel to multi-site locations
- Level 2 Functional Skills ICT, English and Math's
- Significant Practitioner experience relevant to the industry especially in areas covering Digital, Creative, Hospitality and Green sectors.
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a competitive hourly rate and pension provision, plus a generous annual leave allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays. Other benefits include our Employee Assistance Programme, discount portal and salary sacrifice schemes.
Capital City College Group is the largest further education provider in London, and the third largest in the UK, with three colleges – City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield, and North East London – and a training arm delivering apprenticeships and courses for employers, Capital City College Training. CCCG also helped found Visionnaires, a social enterprise for entrepreneurs, and 01 Founders, a unique coding school.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences.
Capital City College Group is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Please click here to view the job description.
Closing Date: 31 August 2023
Interview Date: ongoing