Capital City College Group is the largest further education provider in London, and the third largest in the UK, with three colleges – City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield, and North East London – and a training arm delivering apprenticeships and courses for employers, Capital City College Training. CCCG also helped found Visionaries, a social enterprise for entrepreneurs, and 01 Founders, a unique coding school.
We are recruiting for Community Liaison Team Leader to work on our Multiply contract, if you are looking for your next step and have a history of working in the communities this could be what you are looking for.
This is a vital role within the team and will help to transform lives in the communities that we are working in, build great links with local employers, colleges, Training Providers, and third-party referral agencies (outreach) to champion opportunities for participants and support managing transition into work and further education.
This role is linked to key outcomes against funding streams and therefore will have set targets to meet business needs and existing contracts. These targets will be agreed and reviewed on a quarterly basis
This role also has line management responsibilities where you will be managing a team responsible for engaging the wider communities and enrolling students. This is a community-based role with primary office in Victoria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Line management of Community Liaison Officers and Participant engagement officers.
• Attending meeting with Head of Multiply and Curriculum manager
• Direct Liaison with Administration team leader
• Brokering opportunities within community that supports the Multiply contract
• Linking with college provision to support further learner journey once completing their Multiply course
• Maximising opportunities for delivery of the Multiply courses within London Communities.
• Help support and Man the mobile Multiply unit
• Understanding the skills, interests and experience of participants and proactively matching them to opportunities either for employment or further education and training including apprenticeships.
• Networking with the business community and enterprise organizationsto help support increase in required Maths for employment
• Ensuring that all employers are aware of the full portfolio of products and services on offer across CCCG
• Ensuring accurate reporting of all activity and outputs including audit complaint evidence.
• Engage with London wide providers to source opportunities for progression.
• Work closely with JCP within London actively promoting all programmes.
• Help with enrolments where needed and closely liaise with Participant Engagement Officers so that all enrolments are processed.
• Any other duties required in line with supporting the Multiply and Employability Teams with employment and progression opportunities.
1. Promotes all College policies, particularly those which refer to equality of opportunity. Maintain standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
2. To implement Health and Safety and Security procedures in accordance with statutory and College requirements.
3. To actively participate in continuous professional development.
4. To work with the School Management Team to ensure appropriate arrangements for class cover are in place.
5. To undertake any other duties consistent with the key objectives and/or main duties of the post.
1. To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role including financial human and physical resources.
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a competitive salary and pension provision, plus a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays. Other benefits include our Employee Assistance Programme, discount portal and salary sacrifice schemes.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences.
Capital City College Group is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Please click here to view the job description