Are you an Information, Advice and Guidance professional? Are you able to help people break down complex problems into manageable steps, engaging with training and support to get them to where they need to be to relaunch their career? If so, we have the ideal role for you working within the Mayors Academies supporting participants into careers for Green, Hospitality, Digital and Creative.
Capital City College Training (CCCT) is part of Capital City College Group, the largest further education provider in London.
CCCT ’s aim is to provide exceptional education and training that allows students to reach their potential and employers to access and develop their talent pool. Our goal is to be London’s trusted provider of exceptional apprentices. We deliver high-quality training solutions for businesses, designed to meet the needs of employers looking to improve their workforce. Our courses are designed with real jobs in mind and our colleges are constantly updating their course portfolio to reflect the latest market intelligence, employer and student demand.
We’re recruiting for Job and Careers Advisors to help assess, plan and support people into a career that’s right for them.
In this role, you will:
- Assess needs and enrol participants on correct learner journey and relevant paperwork after completing initial IAG
- To prepare participants for work, further training and or education.
- Complete a robust initial assessment which meets the requirements of the contract deliverables and sign posting those that aren’t suited to the programme
- Provide careers education and guidance to caseload, helping them to develop their career plans, supporting students to have high but realistic careers ideas with achievable goals and awareness of the local and national labour market.
You will be/need:
- Minimum Level 3 IAG qualification or Careers Guidance Qualification (e.g. Diploma in Careers Guidance, Qualification in Careers Guidance, NVQ Level 4 in Guidance or QCG)
- Experience of supporting and ability to motivate unemployed adults
- Knowledge of Data Protection Laws
- Excellent communication skills with a good standard of written English
- The nature of this post means that the post holder may need to travel from time to time to other College centres and external venues.
The post holder will be contracted to work for a defined number of hours per week but it is a requirement of this post that the holder will flex these hours to reasonably meet the needs of the service, which may include working occasional evening and weekends.
This post falls within the scope of the regulations requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS check).
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a competitive salary and pension provision, plus a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays. Other benefits include our Employee Assistance Programme, discount portal and salary sacrifice schemes.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences.
Capital City College Group is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Please click here to view the job description.